Racist!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just read a post, I cant say in what group, or what post (or this will get deleted) Pretty much it says, its okay for a black person to say "im proud to be black" but its NOT okay, for a white person to say "im proud im white." What is the difference? I am white, and im proud to be white! That does not make me racist!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in About CafeMom

• correct
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 7:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• its called double standard. The laws are all back ass-wards. I think something should be down about what is considered racist.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think if you don't understand why there is a difference you are an idiot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• soonmommyof3 is right.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• done not down, and thank you momnbabygirl!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No, she is not an idiot for asking why there is a "difference" there is NO difference, and I am not even white!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Who says it's NOT ok for a white person to say that they are proud to be white? I certainly don't think it's racist. My daughter is half white, and I would hope that she'd be proud to be white (and black).
    I'm proud to be an American. I'm proud to be a woman. And yes, I'm proud to be black. We should all be proud of who we are.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am going to say it depends on what context you put it. If you walk up to a black person puff out your chest and say I'm proud to be white in a rude manner than uhh yah! that's wrong. But I also try not to even see the difference between the colors of skin. God created us equally. So the darkness of people's skin does not matter to me we are all God's creations!!!!
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 9:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You need to brush up on your history. From slavery through the Civil Rights Movement, blacks were told that they were not as good as whites (they were considered 3/5 of a person in the Constitution). So yes, there is a huge difference between white pride and black pride.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't see why there is or should be any difference. Okay, back in the day, I can see that but it's 2009 almost '10 we're all supposed to be seen as equals whether we're black, white, asian, native american, hispanic, or anything else (which I happen to be all of the above and then some -lol) So really, we should all be saying "I'm proud to be me" and really not worry about anybody else's opinion. Anybody that's looking down their nose at you b/c of that should really get off their high-horse and get over it, it's all in the context of how you say it and if they don't realize that, then it's their problem (not yours) and they should really go see about getting that worked out...or else they're in for a rude awakening down the line.

WCurrie05

Answer by WCurrie05 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2009