How Do You Like Your Minivan?

So, my hubby and I are looking at the option of getting a minivan. We will soon be experiencing booster difficulty in a few months when our oldest turns 4. As it is we have 3 carseats crammed in our backseat). We also want to upgrade just incase we feel the inspiration to go for baby #4 (and NO...I'm not pregnant or trying for those who know me!). Of course we will be getting a used one and we will pay cash for it, and we are getting prepared on that end. Now here's where you gals come in...I want to know the following things:

What kind of minivan do you have (year, make, and model please)?

How many does it seat (7 or 8)?

What do you love about it?

What do you not like about it?

Have there been any mechanical defects?

What else can you tell me about your experience with your minivan?

Would you recommend this minivan to a friend with 3 young children (ages 1, 2, and 3)?

ReesesPieces

Asked by ReesesPieces at 7:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • What kind of minivan do you have (year, make, and model please)? 2000 dodge caravan

How many does it seat (7 or 8)? 7

What do you love about it? sliding doors (save so much room if someone parks too close), lots of room inside - excelent for having to climb into back seat to buckle or bf a baby

What do you not like about it? it SCREAMS mom

Have there been any mechanical defects? I'm on my 2nd transmission, 2nd climate control (A/C and the fans), all the vent windows have gone wonky (won't close), new steering column, and the fuel pump had to be replaced the first year too.

What else can you tell me about your experience with your minivan? 3 kids, and a camping trip with EVERYTHING inside. warms up fast in winter and can carry all my crap.

Would you recommend this minivan to a friend with 3 young children (ages 1, 2, and 3)? this particular one NO WAY. but the odyssey (honda) and Sienna (toyota) are GREAT!
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• What kind of minivan do you have (year, make, and model please)? 2001 DODGE CARAVAN PAID $6500 FOR IT IN MARCH 08

How many does it seat (7 or 8)? 7

What do you love about it? THE ROOM INSIDE, I FIT THREE CHILDREN AGES 5, 8 AND 13 MONTHS PLUS ALL THE STUFF FOR WEEKEND GET AWAYS! VERY NICE I CAN MOVE AROUND GOOD IN IT.

What do you not like about it? THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW MOTOR WENT, WE STILL HAVEN'T FIXED IT. AND OUR AC DOESN'T WORK..SO IT IS TOO HOT INSIDE IT ON HOT DAYS.

Have there been any mechanical defects? THE ONLY THING THAT NEEDS SOME REPAIR WAS A MUFFLER LEAK. AS FAR AS ENGINE PROBLEMS NONE :). HAVE OWNED IT SINCE MARCH 08.

What else can you tell me about your experience with your minivan? I ENJOY IT. DRIVES NICE, COMFORTABLE, DOESN'T HANDLE TO WELL IN SNOW (FRONT WHEEL DRIVE).

Would you recommend this minivan to a friend with 3 young children (ages 1, 2, and 3)?I THINK I WOULD :). I WOULD RECOMME
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ND IT . PUT THE THREE YEAR OLD IN BACK WITH THE TWO YEAR OLD AND THE 1 YEAR OLD UP FRONT. :) ..WELL MIDDLE NOT FRONT!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 2008 Kia Sedona (black)

Seats seven

I love how spacious and roomy the interior is. Kids, DH & I can roam around inside easily without bruising ourselves, and it's compact enought to fit inside our garage. The 2007 Toyota Sienna I test drove was too big to fit inside the garage and seemed so crammed on the inside.

What I don't like is that sometimes the material on the seats/chairs picks up fuzzies from our clothing. But there is nothing else that I don't like about it.

No mechanical defect yet.

Sometimes we go to the drive in theater and leave the two middle seats in the garage since they're removeable. At the drive-in we fold down the back seat flat and all 5 of us lie down on blankets, eat popcorn, and enjoy the show (with the hatch open). And we've gone camping, and it held all our equipment, and we still had room.

I recommend it!
    flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Hey, Clarisse! Here's the specs on our van....

What kind of minivan do you have (year, make, and model please)? 2003 HONDA ODYSSEY

How many does it seat (7 or 8)? SEVEN

What do you love about it? IT'S ROOMY INSIDE, COMFORTABLE TO TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES, GETS PRETTY DECENT MILEAGE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....WE CAN FIT NEARLY OUR ENTIRE HOME IN THE BACK!

What do you not like about it? HHMMM....I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING OFF-HAND. BUT THEN, WE'RE NOT EXTRAORDINARILY PICKY EITHER.

(con'd below)........................
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Have there been any mechanical defects? NONE YET, BUT WE HAVE A WEIRD THING THAT HAPPENS WHEN SHIFTING DURING CERTAIN TIMES OF YEAR (SPRING AND FALL, PRIMARILY). WE'RE ASSUMING IT'S WEATHER RELATED BUT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO FIGURE IT OUT YET. IT'S NEVER LEFT US STRANDED AND NEVER BEEN IN THE SHOP IN THE TWO YEARS WE'VE OWNED IT.

What else can you tell me about your experience with your minivan? I REALLY DON'T HAVE ANY COMPLAINTS. IT'S BEEN GREAT!

Would you recommend this minivan to a friend with 3 young children (ages 1, 2, and 3)? OF COURSE! THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW TO RECOMMEND IT! LOL. PM ME IF YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS. :)
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have a 06 Dodge grand caravan and I love it. It seats 7, has stow and go. The stow and go is nice because you can lay all the seats in the back flat and hall big things in it. For example we needed a new washer and dryer last sept we got a front loader washer and dryer and they both fit in there.I was in a accident with it last summer the ac had to fixed from the accident and then this yr when it got warm it wasn't working again and the dodge dealer wouldn't fix it so we took it somewhere else.Other than that we haven't had any problems with it. I would recommended it too my best friend.
    billiejo79

Answer by billiejo79 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• 2005 Chevy Uplander, Seats 7. I LOVE Dual sliding doors!!! It has a built in carseat for our 2yo, it has a dvd player for those long trips to TN to visit my family, it is roomy for people over 5"5' (i am 5"7, hubby is 5"10'), the rear air has it's own fan which is nice (controlled by parents of course). Trunk space limited. Especially if you have a double stroller. Single is ok. The Horsepower for a v6 is on the low side but it still has some oomph. No mechanical defects that we are aware of. This van was bought as the '97 Aerostar we had kept needing repair & we decided that we needed a 2nd more reliable vehicle. now the Aerostar has been acting fine! It got jealous! lol! We love this van. It is very spacious. Good gas mileage. The kids love the dvd player & lots of space for their toys. My oldest loves the lights in the back row so he can read. I would definitely recommend it. My kids are 7, 2 & due in January.
    yenca615

Answer by yenca615 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• can write more but the darn editor says 940 char limit. if you have questions message me. :)
    yenca615

• What kind of minivan do you have (year, make, and model please)? My man bought me a 2005 Nissan Quest!

How many does it seat (7 or 8)? 7

What do you love about it? It doesn't look like the typical minivan! I've got friends who refuse to buy a minivan, but if that's what they have to have, they want what he got me!

What do you not like about it? It's not a truck!

Have there been any mechanical defects? The only problem I've had with it was the cd player quit working right after we got it, but that's the least of my worries!

What else can you tell me about your experience with your minivan?There's so much storage space in it. We are still finding places we didn't know we had. And we've had it for almost 2 years now.

Would you recommend this minivan to a friend with 3 young children (ages 1, 2, and 3)? Girl! It would be perfect for your family! I"m proud of you for not getting in debt over it!
    dvdn5

Answer by dvdn5 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 10, 2009