homeschoolers

How do you decorate your bulletin board area? Do you do different things for different months or seasons or what? I'm looking for some good ideas so if you have any (even if your not a homeschooler) that would be great! Oh and what should I do for the first day of "school"? thanks!

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 7:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oh and I forgot to mention that I will be homeschooling a 5 yr old (kindergarten) and a 4 yr old (pre-k)
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• we have a wall with a calendar, a "parts of speech" poster, a poster of the periodic table of the elements that features a picture representing each, a hand written list of latin chants, and a big colorful world map. above all that is an ikea system that is used for curtains, it's a wire and the fixtures that hold it up, but instead it's being used as an art gallery, with hooks that have clips to hold my son's drawings.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Check here -- http://www.theeducationcenter.com/cgi-bin/tec/guest.jsp

It's the website for Mailbox Magazine, which is one of the most awesome magazones ever.  It's for teachers, comes in 5 grade levels.  It's kinda steep, but they used to offer free sample issues.  There are ideas and info free on the webbsite, too.  You can also see if your local library has issues you could check out.  I didn't formally homeschool, but my daughter missed the age cut off by a few stinking weeks, so we homeschooled that year while her brother was at school, and I was a rabid reader of this magazine, but I had been a fan since college when I wasan  Early Ed. major.

roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 2:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• We have a nature table. We use seasonal items found in/inspired by nature:

A Waldorf Nature Table is a Wonderful Addition to Any Home

It's fun because we can go on nature walks and collect special items to put on there, display handwork projects, it's something we really cherish!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:43 AM on Sep. 2, 2009