would you call the dr or no??

my dd is 6 1/2 months old and is acting so different than usual.
like i said in a diff post, she hasnt eaten any solid foods since sat. she isnt even really wanting to nurse like normal. this morning she didnt eat like normal from the boob when she woke up even after sleeping allll night long. she eventually fell asleep for about 3 hours straight which is a VERY long nap for her at one time. shes been very cranky and fussy always wanting to be held or rocked.

she has already had her 6 month growth spurt about 3 weeks ago....she just got done being sick, but still has a runny nose... im not used to her acting this way, shes never upset or fussy and always is eating....

any ideas??? i find myself getting so frustrated i just put her in her crib for a few min to breathe.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh i would like to add, shes only breastfed today thats all she has eaten, and that was for at the MOST .. 20 min... its now almost 5pm btw.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Is she teething? Some kids get very fussy, dont want to eat etc while cutting teeth.

Is she drooling alot of chewing on her hands, other objects etc. Is she pulling or swatting at her ears, sometimes an ear infection is suspected when it is really teething.

If you are concerned, nothing wrong with calling the Dr.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• no shes not teething i felt her gums and stuff, not teeth coming in and i dont think she has an ear ache.... i havent suspected anything.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• if it continues another day or so and it dosen't seem as though shes teething you might want to call your obgyn and she what she wants u to do...better safe than sorry.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I agree, she may be teething and that is why she is acting so differently.

However, if you are concerned about it I would call the doctor. Follow you instincts and do what you think you should, you know her and her habits best. All of us moms call sometimes when we haven't needed to, but there is certainly nothing wrong with checking with a professional. :)

GL...hope she feels better soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would call the doc. I have heard that often when a baby is sick they don't eat as much, are fussy, sleep more and generally act a little different than normal.
    bxp10070

Answer by bxp10070 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• juust because YOU dont feel teteth on the outise doesnt mean your dd doesnt...my daughter is 3 months..drools like crazy sometimes so bad she chokes on her own spit..i took her to the DR. and she said that babies can sometimes feel there teeth long before you ever can..also my daughter had an ear infection soo thats a good possibility as well..I would take her better to be safe then sorry and if it is an ear infection the medicine takes a week to finish...so its better to start now rather then later..and if its nothing atleast theyll be able to tell you so and you will have to worry no longer..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 9:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Is she running any fever?
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009