a tattoo for my daughter

ok i just wanted to know if anyone had ideals for a tattoo. i have one on my upper arm and i want it covered and i want to put my daugters name on there...but i need something to cover whats there...its on my upper shoulder and long so it would have to be sommething that would cover the front part of my arm. I was thinking of putting carnations or snowdrops there and putting my daughters name under them but im afraid it will be to complicated...what do you think? Any ideals? and i never got her foot prints or hand prints the hospital up here dosent do that.

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Something you might want to consider... what the heck is this going to look like when your child is an adult? Not only is it going to look bad on you, but it might embarrass your child as well. You might think it looks good, but your kids are going to be small forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Who cares... when her child is an adult, hopefully she'll have learned coping skills to understand that what her mother does with her OWN body isn't anyone else's business. This question is not a "should I get a tattoo" question.. it's a "What is the best option for a coverup tattoo" question.

OP, things with alot of surface space and dark color are best for coverups. What is on your upper arms that you need covered? That would determine my answer. If you'd like some help designing something that will fit well over it, feel free to PM me... I'm a digital artist and if you show me some pictures I can help you with some concept art. =)
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 7:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i am very aware of this fact and that is why i am careful about what i choose. and if my daughter is embarresed by her mother when she is older then something is seriously wrong. lots of women have their mothers name on them...it is to honor them in their own way...i do this to honor my daughter. besides its in a place that it can be covered if needed...all my tattoos are
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Im getting one. this is what its going to look like
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eQFMSrewFec/SSH3GJVPNbI/AAAAAAAADH4/vPy0qPLIKfw/s320/reparando+mi+corazon.jpg

I getting above my heart kinda near my shoulder so it wont stretch the next time I get pregnanct
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 8:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LOLZ at anti-tattoo lady....yeah...i'm totally embarassed by the tattoo my mom has for me...*eye roll*....I'm not a big flower person lol but it's not too complicated. You could find a good tattoo shop and ask the artist what her thinks.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 11:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• you can go down to a tat parlor and tell them that your hoping to cover current tattoo and ask them for advise
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I THINK THAT IF YOU WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL I WOULD COMBINE THE THINGS THAT REVOLE AROUND HER WITHOUT BEING SOO OBVIOUS SO SHE ISNT FROM WHAT THEY SAY EMBARRSED/\ BUT I WOULD LIKE OK HERE
    FIND HER EITHER FAVORITE FLOWER /FLOWER OF THE MONTH
    HER COLOR OF HER BIRTHSTONE
    HER SIGN
    DIFFERENT THINGS THAT ARE A REPRESINTATION OF HER
    COMBINE THEM

LIKE FOR EXAMPLE :
    IF SHE LIKES LILLY'S
    AND HER BIRTHSTONE IS PINK /GREEN
    AND MAKE THEM PINK LILLY'S
    WITH HER NAME ALONG THE STEMS
    JUST AN IDEA. HOPE IT HELPS
    I
    magical_mommy

Answer by magical_mommy at 12:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009