WTF... I just dont get it... does this make sense to you?

My ex-boyfriend is an major sit at home and drink alcoholic, so I broke up with him about a month ago because he would come around for a couple of days then drink for 4-5 days, then come back for a couple of days and so on. He tells me that he doesnt want to drink and wants to find something to keep him busy so he comes up with all these things to do or complains because there is nothing to do. He tells me he loves me and still talks to me like I am his gf but never will he suggest spending time with us when he is looking for something to keep his mind off of booze. I just dont get it. He calls me, he pretends he is with me still, he wont let me go, he says he wants this, when I tell him that I am done, he gets mad and accuses me of not loving him but then he doesnt do anything on his side to show me that he wants this besides calling me and telling me that he loves me everyday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• One more thing... I am not a booty call incase you might think that. He doesnt come around at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Move on, he is too wrapped up in himself and his addiction to alcohol to be a stable person in your life. By going back and forth you are only playing mind games with each other. Sounds like a toxic relationship, especially if children are involved. It's not fair to drag them through all this drama and subject them to this behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Tell him to call you when he's completed the 12-steps.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Correction at the end of what I said... Not everyday but when he wants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• well, I can say from personal experience that being with an alcoholic is very very difficult. First of all, he probably does love you very much and it makes it hard for him to let you go; however he is addicted to the alcohol and he cannot let go of it without professional help. You have to draw a line with him. That's all you can do. If you truly love him and want to be with him, then you are going to have to decide what you are willing to accept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Tell him you love him enough to let him go so he can get sober.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009