How much does your baby sleep?

I'm just curious in comparing my LO sleep habits with others. He is 4 1/2 months old. He goes to bed between 8 and 9 pm and wakes up 9-10 am (He gets up twice in that time to eat.) He then naps from about 11 am to 1230-1 pm then naps again from about 3-5pm. He usually stays up about 2-3 hours at a time although he can stay up for about 4 hours max. How much/when does your baby sleep? How old are they? How long can they stay up?

bxp10070

Asked by bxp10070 at 7:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 5 months and she goes to sleep around 10 and then wakes up at about 4 for a bottle then she wakes up at about 9. and she doesn't sleep during the day.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my daughter just turned seven months old and she still wont sleep through the night. and she onlys takes maybe an hour or twos nap around noon. she goes to bed around nine or ten and is up at six in the morning. shes been like that since she was about five months old...the only time the pattern changes is when shes having a groth spurt or is ill.
    mamatobe1989

Answer by mamatobe1989 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• He's in bed around 7pm and is up around 7am. He usually sleeps though the night but sometimes he still wakes up once for a bottle and goes right back to sleep. Then he naps from around 11-2 on a good day but he's also been known to skip naps! He's 12 months now but has been on this sleeping schedule since about 6-7 months.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 8:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yea, that sounds about what my son does, he's about 4.5months.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My daughter just turned 6 months old on the 25th. She sleeps 12 hours (8pm-8am) at night without waking to be fed (she wakes a couple of times and just talks but no crying and she soothes herself back to sleep). She takes a couple 20-30 min naps throughout the day and that would be it. She has been this way for awhile.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My DD is 8months. She goes down normally around 8pm and sleeps all the way to right about 6:30am...she stays up for about 3 hours and takes a 3-4hour nap around 8:30 then she take another nap maybe in the afternoon normally around 4 four about an hour... she has mastered crawling and is afraid I guess she is gonna miss something if she isn't awake to explore!!
    norasmom1229

Answer by norasmom1229 at 7:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2009