if i go to the dentist will they pull my wisdom teeth?

I am 21 years old and i am gettimg my top wisdom teeth in the tips are through the gums, but it hurts to eat anything if I got to the dentist and tell them this is there a guarantee that they will pull my teeth?

froggy3432

Asked by froggy3432 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• Only if you pay them to. I got mine full in at about 20 years, but I had no reason to have them pulled until I was 23. I got them pulled because cavities were beginning to develop on them, and the teeth next to them.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 8:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i didnt get mine removed. i went through that too but they said there was enough room for them to come through so we left them alone. they may go ahead and pull yours if that is what you want. makes me appreciate teething alot more lol
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Not necessarily, but you really should go. I have a terrible phobia of the dentist, and I had to get mine out when I was 21...I was terrified. Mine were impacted so I had to be anesthetized and have them surgically removed....it was not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Actually, it was fine. I had no pain and was back to my old self the very next day. I would definitely advise you to go in and just be seen, you don't want to cause any permanent or irreversible damage by having them come in improperly, but you may be lucky and just be able to keep them. everyone is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009