Is this bad?

Ok so im overweight and I do want to diet but occasionally i want a snack or wutever but recently I have felt like I have to eat when ever my boyfriend is out of the house. He knows I'm on a diet so whenever I eat something in front of him he makes little comments that bother me so I feel like I shouldn't eat in front of him- what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• hmmm....Have you tried the eat every 3 hours diet? Routine snacking throughout the day will boost your metabolism and if you make healthy choices it will also help you to lose weight. As for the comments, you need to tell him that it hurts your feelings and you would appreciate it if he would be supportive rather than being a butt about it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My response would not be as nice as the PP to what to say to your BF. I would tell him if he don't like me eating then he can kiss my ass. Or I would make a commit about one of his problem areas, I'm just mean like that though. I basically will show someone who is mean like that how it feels. Anyways. I would eat the not so healthy stuff away from him and if he still says something, I believe its because he is the one insecure and not you.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• As long as he's not putting you down and hurting yourself esteem, I think it might be helpful. It's called accountability and he's trying to help you. You are sabotaging yourself if you feel rebellious and eat when he's not around just to be able to do it. Going on a "diet" doesn't work because you'll only rebel against the diet and splurge on things that you shouldn't. You'll only gain more weight. If you want to lose weight, you need to change your way of thinking about food. Change your lifestyle and eating habits all together and you'll see the biggest change in your waist line, your health and your attitude. Might be a good idea to talk to a nutritionist to see what type of things you should be eating and how many calories you should be getting for your current weight. Good Luck.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If you are not comfortable eating in front of him then don't but he should be more supportive. It's not easy to lose weight. I lost 50 lbs and need to lose more but it won't come off now. It is NOT easy but I am proud of you for trying. Eat healthy

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009