Can walking help you dialate?

Im 37 weeks pregnant and im about a finger tip is what the doc had told me and said that my cervix is thining out and said that the baby is pushing hard on my cervix ... My sister and my mom wants to take me walking is that gonna help me dialtate srry asking but this is my 1st pregnancy !

.SOONTOBEMOMMY.

Asked by .SOONTOBEMOMMY. at 8:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm 37 weeks and 4 centimeters dialated. I think walking does help to thin out your cervix and make the baby drop lower. Keep walking, that's what I'm doing!
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yeah it helps and even if it doesn't it's still good for you, go for it.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Wow gina 4 cm already and all you did was walking any other tips i need ? lol
    .SOONTOBEMOMMY.

Answer by .SOONTOBEMOMMY. at 8:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• u can give it a try it would not hurt, also durning the time of labor have the doc
    give u a eperdorial shot that take away some pain and lets the baby pass thro a little easier.
    bettyboop330

Answer by bettyboop330 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yeah i have been doing some walking just wondering if it was true that if it helps you dialate cause i had some of my friends tell me that it doesnt help but i guess they were just lazy lol
    .SOONTOBEMOMMY.

Answer by .SOONTOBEMOMMY. at 8:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Give it a try! I was dilated three centimeters with twins for two weeks. Started walking EVERY evening, and the next week when I went in to be induced, I was already dilated to a five!
    mollymomofthree

Answer by mollymomofthree at 8:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• lol...All's I've been doing is walking, sex, taking care of my 2 year old son and I've been lifting heavy things (which I know you're not supposed to do) but it's hard when you have a 2 year old that wants to be held and not to mention carrying in an ass load of groceries up our stairs to the apartment every week.
    GinaPetty

Answer by GinaPetty at 8:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh wow gina now i see why lol goodluck and congrats by the way! ;-)
    .SOONTOBEMOMMY.

Answer by .SOONTOBEMOMMY. at 8:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• By the way thanks everyone for answering I cant wait to see my son hopefully soon ;-)
    .SOONTOBEMOMMY.

Answer by .SOONTOBEMOMMY. at 8:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• worked for me so give it a try.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009