Did you know that the marriage lic was a slave testament?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm....been married about 8 years...sounds about right....LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• That's not entirely true. Where did you get your information?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LMAO !!!
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 8:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• wouldn't doubt it!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Historty channel they just took the slave word out and edited it alittle then they were talking about different regions how the marriage lic was like and how old it was etc etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Marriage licenses derive from slavery only in that it basically declares "ownership" like slave titles did but obviously today it doesn't have anything to do with slavery. Though some women (and men) probably feel otherwise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Okay, seriously STOP!!!!!!!!!! I am sick and tired of EVERYTHING relating to how white people are evil! Shut up about this or provide some REAL proof as in Encyclopedia--and not wikipedia-- or something. I REFUSE to feel any more guilt for what my ancestors ENDED a century and a half ago. Now, flame me if you want--or dare. I am in a snark-tastic mood, and I refuse to bend anymore.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 8:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• LOL....I keep telling my husband that I have a document of ownership, but he won't believe me! LOL!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• one major reason there was a marriage license is bc it was illegal for certain ppl to marry (ie inter-racial marriages) so permission had to be given. it started around the 20s here in the US anyway.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009