wedding question??

I am 37 weeks pregnant, and i am going to a wedding next week and first what should i wear, like a dress, or do you think it would be okay if i wore pants and top? and my next question is what kind of gift should i get, they are not registered and i have no idea what to get them.

newmom092009

Asked by newmom092009 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Pants would be fine. You didn't say how much you wanted to spend or if they already have set up a home together. A nice towel set is useful. Or a pretty picture frame.

Answer by Bmat at 8:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• they are living together in an apartment, i think they are planning on moving to a house soon, and she is pregnant too, but still in the first trimister, and i dont want to spend more then 100 dollars, my fiance's mom asked me and him to be on her gift, its pans, but then 4 familys would be on it, and i dont want to be cheep, it sounds cheep to me,
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• If it is a day time wedding then pants and a top are fine but a night time or evening wedding tends to be more formal. Being pregnant though you can pretty much get away with whatever is most comfortable.

If you are unsure of what to get I say just give them a check. That is always much appreciated. Do you know where the wedding is? A good rule of thumb is to at least give an amount (or gift comparable) that is equal or greater to the cost of your plate and the plate of your guest if you have one.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Congrats on your pregnancy, they make such elegant dresses for maternity, and you should be very comfortable. As for the gift,if they are already living together,I'm quite sure they have enough pans,towels,etc.,but,since they are planning to move to a house,and they will be making new decors in each room,a nice gift-card to bed&bath,Macy's,or 100 dollars in a card will be nice,so they can buy for their new home.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• At 37 weeks I think you'd be forgiven for showing up in yoga pants and a t-shirt quite frankly! Just wear something reasonably smart and comfortable, doesn't matter whether it's a dress or pants.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 1 week before my water broke i went to a wedding. it was very formal and ver expensive. i was 37 weeks 4 days. I had a nice maternity dress that i wore to my baby shower i wore that and black flip flops. The dress was loose and airy so i was actually quite comfortable. No one said anything to me and i was underdressed. I just think they will be happy you will be there to celebrate with them! and as for a gift, it was my fiance's cousin and we gave him a check for $50
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'd wear a dress. Towels are always a good idea but I buy either a home fire extinguisher or carbon monoxide detector. They never get duplicates from others and it's something most people don't buy for themselves but will keep the family safe.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009