My MIL gave me two large boxes of Nutrisystem food, and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO NASTY! Most of it anyway, anyone else tried it?

My MIL's friend moved to NY and gave her all the Nutrisystem she had left and my MIL offered it to me, I normally would have been offended..lol.. but my MIL knows how I have been losing weight/excercising and thought I would be interested, ANYWAY, I had looked into the program before but just couldn't afford the 300-450 a month bill, so I was glad to take what she offered me, well, NO THANKS!! I will stick to watching what I am eating and excercising since that is already working for me, if you like it that's okay, but its not for me and I will never pay that much for that nasty food. It was disgusting...UGH...

sylvia-ann

Asked by sylvia-ann at 8:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Things like nutrisystem, slim fast, and other crap like that doesn't work over a long period of time. No one can eat card board food for life. The best way to lose weight and to keep it off, is to do what you are doing! Kudos to you mama! Keep up the good work and just know that you are a positive role model for other moms out there that are trying (and failing) to lose weight because they expect a quick fix!

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I use Access bars from Melaleuca...they block adenosine and help your body burn more fat then sugar...work great for me and don't taste like cardboard...the shakes are really good too. Check out the melaleuca product store and read about them...www.melaleuca.com/product
    daveclark_fpg

Answer by daveclark_fpg at 6:01 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I've always been tempted to try one of these food deliveries, but the cost was pohibitive. The best thing to do is use common sense and eat right and exercise. As Jillian Michaels says "these absdon't come for free, people". What bugs me about the diet ads/fat burner ads is that they picture people with toned muscle and great abs - you don't get muscle just by eating Nutrisystem or swallowing a pill. There's sweat equity involved! As much as I hate to work out, I feel so good when I'm finished and have a sense of accomplishment. Jillian Michaels is a great motivator too. Ellen Barrett has some great cardio/pilates DVDs too. You don't need expensive,gimmicky equipment either - just a mat, some hand weights and your own body.
    lbjbarbie

Answer by lbjbarbie at 12:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I realized that if I start to exercise my mind doesn't want processed food, whether fast food or cardboard. lol I've lost 8 pounds this month alone by working online. While I've tried yoga dvd's, after a while I tire of them. I joined Daily Fit Planet .com and exercise with new classes everyday. It might be worth checking out.
    maurinew

Answer by maurinew at 2:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2009