How far in advance can I make buttercream roses for a cake? I have tons of work to do between now and my daughter's 16th birthday party and I'm trying to save a little time by doing what I can in advance.

mbwells73

Asked by mbwells73 at 8:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• From what I remember, and this was a long time ago, my mother used to put them in the freezer, and then put them on the cake frozen. They would take about 1-2 hours to thaw that away.
    HomeschoolingJa

Answer by HomeschoolingJa at 8:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Ohhh.. that is such a good idea! Thanks SO much! The party is Saturday and I wanted to get a couple days ahead of as much as possible. With carpets to clean, food to cook and all, I needed a few shortcuts. Absolutely fabulous!!
    mbwells73

Answer by mbwells73 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009