Should I even bother?

Should I even bother going back to school to try to graduate and get my diploma? My family doesn't seem to support me in trying at all. But I'd really like to get my high school diploma. Just because I got pregnant at 16 and had a baby at 17 doesn't mean I can't graduate and be a good example for her does it?

What do you ladies think?
Should I even bother?
It will be cyberschool btw.

sopheeahsmommy

Asked by sopheeahsmommy at 9:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely. Without a doubt. You want to be a good role model for your little girl, and you will also be able to get a better job if you have your diploma as well.

Also, do it for yourself! It would be such an achievement for you, and who knows where you could go from there! Many training programs (LNA, community college, esthetics schools, dental assistant, etc.) do require you to have your diploma.

Go for it, woman!
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 9:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• what is cyber school?
    I say if not at leat get your ged!!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• prove everyone wrong! break the "teen mom" stereotype. better yourself for yourself and for your baby. you can do it and you should know you can. who cares if they dont give you support! i will support you! feel free to message me and add me as a friend! :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Naw, just find a rich man to take care of you. And if he ends up treating you like crap, you'll have no option but to just stay and make a shitty living situation for you and your child. Oh, or you could just have your parent's pay your bills for the rest of your life, since you'll never be able to find a decent job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• You go girl!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Its school online.
    I'd really like to graduate but no one seems to support me.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We'll support you!!!! Yes, go back. Do it for yourself first and for your child second.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Get a diploma. You won't have any sort of future in this world without one (unless you plan on living off of welfare for the rest of your life).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Yes, do it! I wasn't in high school, but my family didn't think I should go back to school when I was prego. They all said it was too late, and it never is. Now I ALMOST have my associates. School is never a bad decision, and it will better the life of your child!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• anon: 9:09
    Naw, just find a rich man to take care of you. And if he ends up treating you like crap, you'll have no option but to just stay and make a shitty living situation for you and your child. Oh, or you could just have your parent's pay your bills for the rest of your life, since you'll never be able to find a decent job.

that was a little uncalled for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009