After the birth?

After the birth of the baby i know that you bleed but i was curious to know if it is heavy bleeding or light?
Also would like to know if the scar from a c-section is really bad or gets better over time..

Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a vaginal birth, so I can't say what bleeding or scaring is like for those who had a c-cection. But for a vaginal birth - it is heavy - really heavy bleeding!
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• How long does it last?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i had a vaginal birth as well with heavy bleeding for days afterwards. soaked a lot of thick pads.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ok and if i remember correctly, i bled for maybe 3-4 weeks afterwards but it was only heavy for about a week
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• C -section scar gets better over time, but mine is so low it's not like anyone will see it if I wear a bikini.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• the bleeding varies the scar fades
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• In my case (vaginal delivery) I bled heave for 2 weeks and light for 5, then light off and on bleeding for 5 more months- but I don't think that is normal
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 9:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• i had c-section. I bled for 4-5 weeks heavy then light. like a really long period. As forthe scar i as nervous it would be ugle but mine is actually really light and already fading! dd is 14 mos
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• wow. i needed a spell check! i meant AS FOR THE scar i WAS nervous it would be UGLY
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 9:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I had a vaginal birth and bled very heavy for about 10 days -- the first 2 were horrible! Deck of cards size clot -- but I was told that is very normal. I actually used Depends for the first few days. Ugh!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009