CIO method... how and what did you do??

Before you even bash me, I want all to know I have tired non-CIO methods and they are not working for me. Please do not bash me for this.

Ok that being said my DD is almost 10 months now and is BFed. She goes to sleep nursing and I am trying to start CIO so that hubby and I can get some rest. DD sleeps for 2-4 hours then wakes up eats and sleeps for another 2 hours... after that she is up every hour wanting to still cluster feed until 8-9am. I have sorta started CIO by nursing her then laying her in her crib and letting her cry for a bit....I do 3 mins check on her, 6 mins check on her, 10 mins check on her then 10 min each consecutive time until sleep. What do I do when she wakes at night and am I doing the right steps to CIO. Thank you in advance for all your advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you seem to be doing everything right so far. When she wakes at night, just go in and check on her, maybe hold her for a minute then put her back down and let her CIO. I dont know your baby, but I would guess the eating during the night is more of a comfort than a hunger thing, they can learn to comfort themself if you give them a chance by CIO.
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 9:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• how can you and your DH get rest when your helpless baby is crying in the other room?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009