turning birth control into plan b

Last night I had a mishap and the condom broke, and I can't afford plan b this week and if I can't afford that I really can't afford another baby ;] I do have a pack of yaz I never ended up using because I didn't like it and switched to ortho tri cyclin, then we decided since we hardly have sex we can just use condoms.... annnnyhoo how many yaz's would I have to take to stop me from ovulating... 10?
I understand people might be rude and that's fine I can handle it but I'm hoping for at least one useful answer :]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• If you can't afford it, go to planned parenthood and get it. They should have a sliding scale fee for it. Birth control will not work.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Go to your local Planned Parenthood clinic and get the prescription for the actual Plan B. Don't mess around with the Yaz, go for what actually works in the appropriate dosage.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 9:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Once a very long time ago, I was only 18, I forgot to take my pills for almost a whole month, I just paniced and took 9 pills at once! That night I woke to go pee and suddenly blood gushed out of me all over the floor! It was alot of blood, and very mild cramping. I went back to bed and by moring the bleeding had stopped. There was no moring after thing back then, this was about 25 years ago! But now I told my oldest dd about this, and she said that I was probaly pregnant, but not very far at all, and that caused me to lose the baby, just like the morning after pill. I really don't know much about this, but my dd said that's all the morning after thing is, just a higher dose of BC pills....so I"d say 9 worked for me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We have a clinic here but you have to make an appt you can't just walk in. I guess I can call tomorrow I was just hoping birth control would work so I didn't have to worry about it :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• A lot of pharmacies will give it to you free. That isn't how bc is supposed to be used. it wont work
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 9:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I guess I could ask my mom to get it for me, I know she would but I didn't want to tell her, its embarrasing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ive done it , ive taken 2 at once
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• well, bc can work that way, when I was on ortho tri-cyclin and forgot to take it, my dr said that i needed to take two in the morning and two that night. But Yaz is different than that and I don't know how that would work, so I would go to the clinic or Planned Parenthood.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Why would you ask your mother to get it for you? Seriously, you're a grown woman right? I would think going do the responsible thing and getting plan B is less embarrassing than getting pregnant, right?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I meant pay for it at the pharmacy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009