latino boyfriend...

Okay, so I've been seeing this guy for 3 years and he's from Guatemala. I've had a problem with how girls talk to him in the past...and we've talked about it and it's stopped but It's started up again...

He used to get these flirty messages and comments from latinas all the time and I told him it made me uncomfortable. He said it was a cultural thing...that those girls are naturally flirty and whatever but he'd tell them to back off.

Well there's this girl that's sending him comments and messages like "I'm so angry with you! It's been forever and I have heard nothing from you." and he replied with "I'm sorry I've been working a lot! Give me your number and your email address and I'll get in touch with you!" and she said "I love that you are a working man and above all else a responsible man...what I wouldn't give for one of those" and then she sent him a message....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• CONT:

"I would love to have a man like you, hardworking and responsible. Here's my number and email ______ You know I love you times a million and want nothing more than to see you!"

Those are rough translations but that's the just of it.

Should I say something about it? I wasn't snooping...it was out in the open on comments on his profile...

I don't want to be a creeper girlfriend that gets mad about everything but he wants to get married in a few months and I don't want to make a mistake...I don't like that stuff....am I out of line?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Girl, if my husband was having girls send him messages like that I would slap the mess out of him. If he is continuing to act this way.... RUN!!!!
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 9:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I am Latina.It is not a cultural thing at all.I would never do that.My husband is from Michoacan Mexico.They are know for being macho.He would never do that.I think your husband is a ladies man.I would be running out the door.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP here - He says she's an old neighbor from Guatemala...I asked his younger brother and he doesn't know her but he may not remember...he is younger and it was a long time ago that that lived there...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• He says he will tell THEM to back off and he asks them for their contact information? That says who is acting up. Let him go back to his Cultural thing ...which is bs.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP here - I'm so pissed! I'm having his baby!! He can't respect me enough to tell those skanks to back off? And he expects me to marry him...his visa is about to expire and If I don't marry him he'll be deported...I think I may just let him go back to his latinas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Honey if you are pregnant, the number one thing you need to focus on is your baby and you and the man you are with, if he is acting that way than he is holding you back! Let him get deported you can raise by yourself, many mothers do it!
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 10:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• OP here- You really think I'm right? I was worried...I mean he just asked for her number and he says she's an old neighbor...But I don't know for sure if she's an old neighbor or not...I just wish that he would have said something to her that would make me feel better...like that he was very happy to have me in his life or that she will find someone someday. Now I don't know if he's texting/calling her...I just don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Well, if your man does not have enough respect for you to not talk to other women while you are not around than he isn't going to have enough respect for you to not cheat on you either you see...
    Jesusfanatic

Answer by Jesusfanatic at 10:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'd post a public comment right after hers making a point that he's taken!!! Then if he gets upset blame it on preg hormones! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009