is this normal

My SD who is six has become increasingly violent. In the past six mths. She has grabbed her stepsister hard enough to bruisem punched her in the face, and slammed her against a dresser. They are just about the same age. She also hits and pulls on the baby who is two. The last time she was her she told my daughter she was goimg to use scissors to cut of her skin and dig out her heart. When asked she said she thought t would be funny to say but showed no remorse in scaring her stepsister. Also, she says her brain tells her to hurt people and that is why she has a hard time making friends at school. Can anyone give advice on whether this normal behavior or something that needs to be watched?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She needs more than to be watched, she needs professional help asap.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Consult a child psychologist.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 9:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Not normal. Talk to her pedi, she may recommend counseling.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• We dont have full custody and the biomom says she is normal. She even got in arguement last year with her teacher when she was told my sd was disruptive. I cant find someone to evaluate her on the weekend when we have her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• No, it is NOT normal at all. She needs anger management NOW, before she seriouisly hurts someone else or herself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Thank you all for you answers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• She needs help but it sounds like she needs some exta attention as far as more hugs and positive comments. My child had been acting out and not being nice to her brother, instead of reacting and yelling and being angry at her all the time I realize she is jealous of him so I have been hugging her more and listening to her and it has helped . What concerns me with your case is the extreme violence and the voices call for professional help if it continues.I have read have a new kid by friday by Dr.Leman and it has helped but you have to be consistent and if your SD lives elsewhere where she is having her arms grabbed and is being treated this way then she is going to do it to others without remorse.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• This is deadly serious. Tell dear dad to get his butt in gear and take care of this child's issues. He should demand that she see a doctor just as he would if she had cancer. And if the mother does not comply, consider taking action.
    staciejung

Answer by staciejung at 10:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just want to thank everyone for their responses
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Sep. 2, 2009