Need a little advise *Little Long*

Were moving in a couple of weeks, and I went to the new place last week to see how it was going. Well I was looking in the windows my neighbor came outside & snapped "what r you doing", (which is fine she doesn't know me from a hole in the wall). So I went up to her and said "hi, my name is Angie were going to be your new neighbors on the 15th", and stuck out my hand to shake hers, she shook my hand & told me her name was Terry. She was very rude & mean, & told me she's a very clean person & doesn't like mess, or a lot of noise, she asked how many kids I had, I told her 4 she said "great 4 kids, what r there ages, r you even married", so I told her yes I was married & the kids ages. She was just judging me & didn't even know me. I told told her that we could be wonderful friend or enemies very nicely. It was very hard not to be rude back. I need to know what I should do & any say to her. Plz help..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• IGNORE THEM.

Answer by older at 7:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• you should avoid angry people in the Bible read the Proverbs,
    also my opinion Be happy and ignore her !
    smile softly and carry some thick skin!
    muffin400

Answer by muffin400 at 9:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• it sounds like she's had a rough time getting to know/like neighbors in the past. give her some space..you know how you'd want another family/kids to respect your space/property...do the same for her. in time, hopefully, she'll see that you are freaks or criminals and may just decide to be friendly. you don't have to be friends with anyone..but you do have to get along with your neighbors. that doesn't mean putting up with crap from them..just respect them, and live your life. enjoy your new place...have fun making new friends!!
    i bet she'll come around sooner than you think.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• hahahaha..i meant to say ''..you AREN'T freaks or criminals..." ....too funny! rofl
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Don't take the bait. Sometimes people are trying to provoke you to anger because they are angry. (Misery loves company) It could be possible that she was just having a very bad day, just in case try not to judge her the way she was possibly judging you.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Just show her by example that you are not the horrible family she thinks you will be. She's likely had bad neighbors in the past. Be considerate and make sure your kids do not do anything to upset her. Once she sees your family is different she may warm up. Just be nice and try to encourage her to thaw a bit.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 9:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would ignore her. She sounds like a bitter, unhappy person. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When I am going to be around someone that just gets on the last nerve I pray under my breath over and over "oh God Please" He knows what you need. Just be respectful to her. I have noticed when I am nice to people and ask them questions about themselves or what they are interested in I know them a little better and it is easier to get along and relate.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 10:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• 6 foot fence
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 2:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Wish I could do a 6 foot fence, we share the same steps grrrrr good idea..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2009