Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need reassurance....

That I wont be pregnant forever! I'm 39 weeks, and was given a due date of Sept 3rd, by my former dr, and then given Sept 6th by my current dr. Anyway, I went in Monday, hoping to be induced because DH is in the military and is deploying in about a month, and they wouldnt induce me because I'm not dilated, and the baby hasnt fully dropped. I was so disappointed! I am starting to efface, and go back to the DR Tuesday at we'll see then. I really cant go past 40 weeks, I have obligations I cant get out of, irregardless. Sooo, I'm asking if anyone has any other suggestions to help me get going! I've been walking and having sex regularly, and still nothing, even though I've had light contractions and cramps for the past 2-3 weeks.... I'm so discouraged...

Answer Question

Asked by AshlieTolliver at 9:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • I'm sorry, that sucks! I'll bet you go any day now. There's really nothing else you can do at this point. Just hang in there!

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • You can try rubbing Jasmine oil on your tummy. Climb stairs. There's really not lots you can do.

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • We have stairs at our house...I climb them off and on all day! I'm convinced that my sons head is simply too large to fit through my pelvis, and thats why he's not engaged! I'm barely 5 feet tall, and DH had an abnormally large head when he was born......

    Answer by AshlieTolliver at 9:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Just a thought...but have you asked your doc if you could get a c section?

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • i heard primrose oil works

    Answer by mandielynn23 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • I'm going to ask him next week. It was really something I wanted to avoid, seeing as how its major abdominal surgery. But I'm going to talk to him about it next week, because I really want my husband to have as much time as possible with our son. He'll be deployed for at least a year without internet or regular phone access.

    Answer by AshlieTolliver at 9:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Wow, that would be hard :-( If I were I'd do the c section if you can. Even though I'd never want one, it's just that in your case I would do it for my husband.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • i would never schedule a c section to get a baby out sooner.

    just breath.... and wait

    Answer by charisma10 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • It doesn't matter, she's 39 weeks anyways. Wouldn't you want your husband to see his child before he got deployed????

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

  • Its not that he wont see him, he definately will be here for the birth, even if I had to go to 42 weeks, but he has his best friend coming up the weekend before he deploys (things got moved around, it wasnt supposed to be like that originally) and so we're really tight on time. He might get 10 extra days on leave, but we're not sure, and wont be until the 14th....and I know this sounds bad, but I really dont want to come home from the hospital to company. Its just more stress, so I'm going to talk to the dr on Tuesday, and hopefully we can work something out....

    There's a full moon this friday...who knows!

    Answer by AshlieTolliver at 10:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.