Does it make it "quicker" to get pregnant if you don't want to get pregnant?

I know that when you want to and you try it doesn't happen, but what about when your partener is wanting another one, you agree to do the no bc method but you honestly in your right mind don't want another one... Does it happen faster? And yea I know that if my partner wants one and I don't I need to talk to him cause I'm the one that's got to take care of the baby (though he has to support it finacially).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I think if a person doesn't stress about it and relaxes it happens faster but thats just my opinion nothing factual
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 9:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Oh yes I think so! lol
    With my 1st son he was planed and took for ever to get pregnant with him and my 2nd son, even tho it was 3 years later but it just happened.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• if you are stressing about whether you are or not, then it is less likely you are pregnant. if you relax and just go throughout your day normally, then you are more likely to become pregnant.
    I've heard of people trying to get pregnant and giving up and finally adopting a baby, then a couple months later finding out they were pregnant.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I agree about the stress. It makes you relax when you are not trying

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• maybe, that's kind of what happened for me.
    but i think it was more of the medicine that I was on at the time. but it was a time that just seemed like one of the worst possible times to get pregnant. and here i was just finding out i was pregnant after about 3 yrs of sorta/sorta not trying. after i lost him i had a lot of guilt because i had said in the beginning 'wow finally it happens but at the worst possible time.' but it became the only good thing we had going for us. and then we lost that too. sorry spewed a bit there. melt down day for me today, just got off work too.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009