Do babies in the womb like certain foods?

Can they taste and choose what they like already? I just ate hot cheetos with limone and OMG my baby was kicking and flipping and going nuts... THEN my mouth started watering like a dang faucet.. I wanted more and more! Even now im like Yummmmmmm...LOL

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 10:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well idk but everytime i would eat mexican food id throw up so he obviously didnt like that haha
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• haha that's hilarious; i don't know but you better eat some more and make that baby (and you) happy!lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I was like that with orange soda. She would go crazy when I drank it, but it may have been all the sugar.
    reava

Answer by reava at 10:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Taco's would make my baby dance. I would just walk into Taco Bell and he would start wiggling around. It was one of the few foods I could eat without throwing up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ugh your lucky anon 10:13, i threw up everytime :( thats the first thing i ate after i got out of the hospital though
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I'm convinced that it doesn't matter what you eat while pregnant, the baby will end up liking just the opposite. I LOVE guacamole, and tried to eat a ton of the stuff when I was pregnant with my daughter so she'd end up liking it. No such luck, her and her dad share the same tastes/likes in food and they both hate guacamole. She loves cantaloupe, I have never liked the stuff... The only thing she does like and devours that I love is steak! She loves meat really. Other than that though, she's her own person food-wise.
    Smerin81

Answer by Smerin81 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 9, 2009