When does a baby start shifting to head down?

My friend got an ultra sound today and she is 16 weeks and the doctor said that the baby is head down and its a boy. But better looking at the picture it looks like the baby is still head up. Can someone please help me?
Photobucket

sweetheart254

Asked by sweetheart254 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just because the baby is head down at 16 weeks doesn't mean baby will stay there. My first was head down at 19 weeks and stayed there. My second wasn't head down at 22 weeks but was by 28...and I'm hoping he'll stay there. As for what the ultrasound looks like...it depends on which way is up...the ultrasound tech could have it positioned any way...you kind of have to go by what they tell you.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't know when my baby started moving head down. I do know she was head down for the entire last 3 months of the pregnancy. They kept checking to see where her head was and she down everytime I went to the doc. I also remember when we went for the ultrasounds and stuff (which were a lot), I noticed she was head down a lot.
    From the picture above, it looks like baby is head down to me. Look towards the bottom of the picture and it looks like it's leading to the neck. Baby will move around A LOT so it won't be in one spot the whole pregnancy.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ok thanks ladies!
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2009