My 3 mo old has had his first tooth erupt on the top cuspid (canine) out of the side of his gum. Has anyone seen this before, normally the bottom front comes in and my first born didn't get his first tooth until 8 months and it was in order.

kccmom1006

Asked by kccmom1006 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• my son is 4 months and his right cuspid is coming in. none on the bottom but yea its possible i guess.
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 10:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Your baby is a rebel already :)

That's totally normal. My LO got her two bottom teeth first, but the top cuspids broke through before the top middle ones did. They were slower to grow once erupted, so her top middle teeth ended up catching up fast and it looked normal. I thought I was gonna have a vampire baby!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My son would get 4 teeth at a time starting around 4 months and he had a mouthful by the time he was 8 months old, so I'd say yes, it is possible; After all, everybody is different. As long as his teeth are healthy & normal looking, I wouldn't worry about him getting teeth outside of the typical pattern. I would, however, take him for his first dentist appointment to make sure.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009