:(

I am a ball of emotions right now. I just put my son in daycare of which I work at as well. We both just started Monday. I thought I would love him being in daycare and me working. But right now I don't know what to think. At this daycare they don't take any of the infants outside to get fresh air and I am very frustrated about this b/c my son LOVES to go outside. I know with more than one baby it can be hard, but they have a 4 seater stroller and only 3 babies. My son will be 8 months tomorrow so I dunno if I am going through seperation issues or what? But all I can do is set here and cry. It breaks my heart to not be with my baby.

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh, Mama! What a frustrating situation! I feel for you. The BEST thing about bringing him to work is getting to see the care he's getting while you are working, and the WORST thing about bringing him to work is getting to see the care he's getting while you are working! A double-edge sword. No one will take care of him like you do. That's a sad reality. Not grandma, aunts, day care workers, etc. No one loves him as much as you do. Yes, there is separation anxiety, that's SOOOOO normal. Some say it gets easier to tolerate over time once you get into the routine. Do you HAVE to work? I was wondering if this is for extra $$$, or if it's a necessity that you work. If you have no choice, just try to be glad that he is safe, and if he were ever to be sick, sad, hurt, etc. you are just a little way away from him. They are licensed, screened workers so that you know he is safe. Just take one day at a time. Hang in there! :(
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I totally understand how hard it is to leave your baby for the first time. When I went back to work after my first was born, I cried like a baby the entire night beforehand. That does get easier. As far as the daycare itself, well, does your son seem happy to be there? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about going out, maybe you can take him outside when he's with you. I guess you just have to pay attention to the way he's acting. I ended up quitting my job to stay home, because my MIL was watching my dd, and I could tell something wasn't right. She wouldn't eat at her house at all, and would be starving by the time she got home, and she just seemed cranky. (and she was only 4 months by the time I quit my job, my MIL had been watching her since 5 weeks) I was noticing a big diff. from her weekend behavior and sleep patterns, and her weekday behavior. You just kind of have to go with your gut. Good luck!
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 10:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009