another paranoid question....

Thtwo weeks he didn't make a sound he was such a quiet baby, he hardly made a face when they took his blood(which most babies go balistic over) Now at week three he goes through these temper tntrums where he'll lay down in his bassinet for five minutes, in between an every 3 hour feeding schedule, and then start screaming. It's horrible the only thing that helps is holding him and after awhile that dosn't work anymore either.. we go down the list trying to figure out what's wrong.. but he will cry until he has to be fed again.. so... 3 hours.. I know babies cry.. sometimes for no reason but for him it's just abnormal.. anyone have any insight on this one too?

Also does anyone else feed their newborns every 3 hours i had to for the jaundice but now that he's off the light i dont know whats normal... if you do, how long have you been doing it.. when can i let him sleep and feed him on demand? The 3 hour thing takes a toll....

jewelxkitty

Asked by jewelxkitty at 10:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Newborns need to be fed on demand...I was nursing every 2 hours at LEAST when my daughter was born....you should really wait a few months before getting him on any type of schedule...they just don't know the difference when they are that little....it will slow down as he gets older, but yes, they need to eat as often as they want when they are newborns....have you tried gas drops?? If you're FFing, maybe he is lactose intolerant...if you're BFing, maybe you should burp him more often....my mik would let down really hard and practically drown my daughter...seriously, my milk would shoot across the room if I let it. And that might be giving him a lot of gas bubbles....If it continues, then maybe call the doc and ask for suggestion...good luck :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• ask you doctor about reflux or, caulic or something, he might be allergic to a new kind of formula? i don't know but never be afraid to ask you pedicatrican even the most simplest questions. you might think it's odd but they have great advice
    SillyMeesa

Answer by SillyMeesa at 11:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When he starts to cry, do you give him a bottle or wait the 3 hours? Have you tried a swing? Poor baby. He might have a belly ache?
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I fed my baby about every 4 hours when he was a newborn, but they are all diffrent at that age-If he crys alot maybe he has gas or tummy ache it is so hard to tell- My son spit up alot and cried so we changed the formula to gentle ease--- but ask the doctor if u want to change formulas. He slept better after we changed the formula and bought a sound machine for his bedroom. Have u tried rocking him- babies love to rock to sleep. Good luck and dont worry- talk to your Doctor and maybe your own Mom for advice.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2009