crazy?

Crazy?
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), who recently said that health care opponents needed to defeat health care reform with "prayer and fasting," is now asking for blood.

"What we have to do today is make a covenant, to slit our wrists, be blood brothers on this thing. This will not pass. We will do whatever it takes to make sure this doesn't pass," she said in a speech at a Denver, Colorado fundraiser Monday.

"Right now, we are looking at reaching down the throat and ripping the guts out of freedom," she added. "And we may never be able to restore it if we don't man up and take this one on." She also declared it "slavery" that some Americans pay half their income in taxes.

The Colorado Independent, who reported on the event, has speculated that the attention-seeking Republican is trying to expand her appeal with a number of events in the state.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 11:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yup, but youre crazier
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• nuts!
    SillyMeesa

Answer by SillyMeesa at 11:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I don't agree with her use of metaphors, but it's not unusual for politicians to use them. I don't think she actually meant slitting wrists, do you? A poor choice of words? Yeah, I suppose it was. However, I would guess that it's a sign of her displeasure of the policy that she is speaking about.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• This is a petition to the citizens of Minnesota and Governor Tim Pawlenty to hold a recall election to remove Rep. Michelle Bachmann from the United States House of Representatives for her unprofessional, hateful, and treasonous remarks towards President Barack Obama, his administration, and for inciting violence against anyone who doesn't believe in her right wing agenda.

Ms. Bachman has a long history of making disparaging remarks about the President even before he was elected.� Here are some examples of her statements along with video clips:

In October of 2008, during the Presidential election, Bachmann appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews and questioned then presidential candidate Barack Obama's patriotism, and even called for an investigation into the patriotism of Democratic members of Congress.� Here's a clip of her astonishing remarks.�

Quinn, she has histpry...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I read this one after the crazier. Can they both be off the hook rediculous too? GOOD LORD!
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• "I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us, 'Having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people, we the people, are going to have to fight back hard if we'e not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States."

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

LOL, I think they can be both!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Well, I still don't take her word for word, more like with a grain of salt. Yeah, she sounds a bit whack-a-doodle, but so do other politicians. Biden is one to watch. BTW, where is he lately? Still in time out?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• needed to defeat health care reform with "prayer and fasting,"
    ________________
    lol! Is she a Muslim too? My hubs is praying and fasting right now for Ramadan.

she said in a speech at a Denver, Colorado fundraiser Monday.
    _______________________________
    WTH is she doing in Colorado? She's a rep from my state. Well, I guess better she's there than here!
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• WTH is she doing in Colorado? She's a rep from my state. Well, I guess better she's there than here!

rolling on floor

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009