Anyone that came from a big family (4 or more kids??)

Did you ever feel left out? Did you feel like your other siblings got more attention, or that you had to compete for attention from your parents? Do you have/want big families based upon your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DH came from a family of 5 kids. He was the baby so he got all the attention, but when I said I wanted 5 he said no because all of his brothers and sisters felt left out all the time.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I come from a family of six siblings since I have a lot of medical conditions and I was the last child I had more then enough attention. Now the middle children I wonder about them...even though they are fine in some aspects, I see that they did not get enough attention. Now it is something I am doing my best not to let happen with my children. I love them all I do not want any of them to feel left out.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• yes there were six of us and being the fourth girl i was a little left out. my bday  is close to Christmas so i got short changed  many wears. it works out though i got all kinds of great hand me downs from my older sisters and by time i was dating my parents weren't  so strict about curfews and things so i got away with murder

mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My husband was 3 of 4 children, and he said he definitely felt left out. His big sister was the f-up, and his baby brother was, well, the baby.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My dad was one of ten. Mostly he had sisters. He never felt left out, but his parents did play favorites so he didn't want a large family as a result.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009