Not convinced that I'm not pregnant.

Has anyone had one or more blood tests done that have come out negative, yet you still aren't convinced? I'm having the EXACT same symptoms I had with my daughter in the first few months of pregnancy: Nausea (not the throwing up kind, the smelling something and feeling nauseous kind, and begging to throw up, but it just won't come up...) and bad back and stomach cramping. It's not even that I WANT to be pregnant, or that I have been over-thinking it, infact, today when I got my SECOND negative, I thought "oh, well, guess I'm not pregnant" and didn't think a single thing of it since, until I felt EXTREMELY nauseous this evening after smelling pizza. Has anybody had this and actually ended up being pregnant? I'd be about 15dpo, and have had 2 negative blood tests and a bunch of negative urine tests. (Keep in mind it took me almost a month last time to get a positive urine test)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well everytime i actually was pregnant it caught me totally off guard bc i didn't have any symptoms and everytime i had symptoms (nausea, peeing alot, cramps, etc.) i was not pregnant at all. there have even been times i could have swore i felt a baby kicking or moving and i was definately not pregnant. i guess you will have to wait and see, but in the meantime just play it safe and don't do anything you wouldn't do if you were pregnant.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I've only been pregnant twice, and those 2 times my home-tests came out negative. So don't give up hope, listen to your gut feeling and wait or if your impatient get a blood test.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 11:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I know what you mean with not being convinced, but if two blood tests have come out negative, then 99.999% chance you're not pregnant. I was there too the past couple months, my period was late, I had every single symptom, I just "knew" I was, but I most definitely wasn't. The problem with pregnancy symptoms is that so many things cause the exact same smptoms. You could be getting sick, it could be your period, your hormones may just be a bit messed up. So, if the tests are coming out negative, I would trust those. if you're not 100% convinced wait a couple weeks and do it again, but I would still say that most likely you're not pregnant
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I never had a blood test but it took 6 hpt with my daughter before I got one that said positive. I mean I knew I was pregnant, no doubt in my mind. You should wait it out because you know your body.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 11:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Sorry but a blood test is not going to be wrong. A blood test measures the HCG & it can measure as little an amount as 1 (i dont know the designation for it...milliters or whatever it is) in your blood. Anything less then 6 means your not pregnant. If its measuring zero you arent pregnant. I just had to have like a million HCG blood tests recently because i miscarried. My HCG level was still almost 100 after i lost my baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My results on the page stated "Test result: <2" and my doctor told me I was negative. That's more than 0, what would that mean? I've heard of blood tests being wrong before, there is quantitative blood tests, and qualitative blood tests. One gives a yes or no depending on how much is in your system (they start at 5, I think), and one tells you the amount in your system. My friend had a negative on her blood test, and needless to say, she now has a little baby girl. I'm just so confused.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Test result less than two means not pregnant.

I would consider having yourself checked for other things. Especially if you still have your gall bladder. Your symptoms are early gall stone symptoms too.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ask what the HcG levels were on both tests (is that the <2), and if there was a difference - this could indicate a miscarriage or early pregnancy, or maybe your days/counts are just off a little bit. I had 2 negative urine tests and a blood test showing very very low counts, my doc started me on progesterone and I was able to maintain a healthy pregnancy, and now have a wonderful almost 7yo boy.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 1:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009