Maybe...

Maybe Jacob dosen't like the basinet? He sleeps fine on my chest and in my lap(like now) but the minute we put him in the bassinet he starts crying again, same thing with the crib? Anything that could help him get over that?

We try to put him to sleep then move him but.. it dosn't usually work that easy!

jewelxkitty

Asked by jewelxkitty at 11:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oooooh with this I can help, seth did the same thing! My hubby's solution was to put more comfy blankets in the bassinet underneth him, well, you're really not supposed to do that with sids and all, but we tucked the tight under the bassinet pad. That helped, but when we moved him to his crib he did the same thing all over. I used to breatfeed so he always fell asleep in my arms, what I finally found out was, if I put him down the second I heard his breathing change to full sleep, or the first sleep twitch he made, than he'd stay asleep. Because he was in a deeper sleep. I used to think the longer I held him the deeper alseep he's be, but that's wrong cuz then they get all warm and wake up the second you put them down. so try to put him down right away, let me know if it works please.
    SillyMeesa

Answer by SillyMeesa at 11:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Swaddle him and even try to put him down when he's drowsy but not asleep so he can put himself to sleep.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• When Novalee was a baby I had to sleep with her blankets..The doc said it wa bc she liked havin me around and my smell would get on her blankets...it worked. just an idea
    monkybugmomma22

Answer by monkybugmomma22 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I never held my child when he was that young to put him to sleep, I was always told that once you start that pattern it's hard to get them out of it. I am sure you don't hold him constantly, so there has to be something else that he likes to be in, maybe a swing? Try to put him into the swing and if he falls asleep in there it's fine if he takes a nap in the swing, then he will get used to taking a nap or going to sleep without you having to hold him. My son is 5 months old and already has 2 teeth above the gums and sometimes to comfort him, i hold him and pat his butt, but then when i realized that he is breathing deeper and in the deep sleep i can get away with putting him in his bed, or pack and play. I know he cries every time you put him down, let him cry for about 5 minutes, if he doesn't stop go pick him up and comfort him then try it again. That's my only advice hope it helps!
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• My son was the same way, right from the womb. He screamed anytime in was in the bassinet at the hospital. We coslept until about 10 1/2 months. It worked out just fine for us.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009