Is it better to have a big family, or a small one?

Your opinion.

I think a smaller family is better, more resources to spread around, including love and money and time spent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In this recession, a small family is better.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I think it varies person to person, family to family. I'm torn.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• depends on what you can afford and have to cut down on. inless your a person i know 4 kids under 5 she doesnt work her bf is always working and she lives on the state and she wont work makes up reasons why she cant.

put what you want for the kid(s) first then decide from there. No pride in getting things for free dont know how she lives with herself.

wish you luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I would love 5+ kids (I only had one brother til I was 13) but my DH wants this baby to be our last (he had 3 sisters and 1 brother) that would give us one girl and one boy. I know I would have enough love and time to give around, but financially I would rather only have a few kids so they could have the best of everything.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have three kids and think that three or four is a nice number- not a small family, but not so big that you don't have time to spend with each child. I'm an only child and I like the fact that my kids have siblings. When I was a kid I used to love going over to my cousin's house since she had two brothers and their friends were always around- I liked having more people around. My house was always very quiet.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• it depends on the couple I could go either way I came from a big family and there was always plenty of love to go around. I do think 19 is a bit big lol but hey to each their own. Personally I think if you have a married child starting their own family you should really consider birth control.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Quality is better then quantity. If you can have a quality big family then that would be just as good as a quality small family. But a lot of people have limited time and money so normally a smaller family is more manageable overall.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• depends i am fourth of six and hubby is first or four. we decided on two so that it would be easier to ride the rides at the fair. I shared a room with three sisters the good thign was their clothes fit me better than mine did them and I left for shool after they did so i could wear what eve I wanted to.
    I am glad we only had two kids but was glad when my dad and mom died that there were five others feeling as bad as i did
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Depends on the FAMILY.

For us, small is perfect.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2009