any moms out there use goats milk formula for their babies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats disgusting
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• no, its not disgusting at all. goat milk is extremely rich in nutrients. i havent personally used it, but worked at a daycare where many kids were put on goat milk due to cows milk allergies. you can supplement just about any animals milk for goats milk(just an fyi in case you ever have to bottle feed puppies or cats or any other animal really). my brothers loved goats milk. they used to drink it warm lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Actually, goats milk is not as high in nutrients as everyone thinks...neither is soy...I wasn't aware there was even goats milk formula?? ARe you not just talking about plain milk?? If you're talking about substituting goats milk FOR formula then that can be VERY dangerous...there are not NEARLY enough nutrients...if your baby is lactose intolerant, then you need to talk to your doctor about an alternative formula.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I have done extensive research, and goats milk is actually closer to breast milk than cow's, so it's a better more easily digested choice. It lacks folic acid, and iron. But it's full of nutrients. If you dilute it (with a 1/3 spring water 2/3 milk) ratio, and make sure to add the things it lacks, it has worked quite well for me so far. I was just hoping to find some other mom's who use it, and get some feedback on their results.
    vivsmommy09

Answer by vivsmommy09 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• my grandma told me once that she had a neighbor growing up who gave goats milk to her baby because her previous two babies died because they had some kind of problem with all other types of milk(i think even breast and formula)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My cousin is! :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2009