Itchy vagina .. (didn't know how else to put it)

Anyway, the skin around my vagina itches a lot...not the inside..and the discharge is quite normal..I've tried fungal creams and antibiotic creams and medicated soap and still it happens..It also get worse a few days leading up to my period..I don't know what else to try or what it could be and I am just not getting time to go to my gyn doctor. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Health

• Have you changed soap or laundry detergent recently? Or maybe it's new undies with different material?

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Is it from shaving?Waxing? Sweat, soaps other products?
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Okay, not being mean, but maybe you have crabs? You can get it from bedding you know. You don't necessarily pick it up from sex. That would explain why nothing works. Try a lice shampoo at the drug store and see what it does. I mean it makes sense they don't go on the inside, just on the outside. Google it for symptoms.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• I haven't changed anything at all..That's the whole problem..but I will look into it steff107..thanks..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• Umm that happens to me, and I just realized a small bump on my perenium today (which is where mine itches). I believe it is because my hemorroids are spreading. I am waiting for my husband t get his insurance so I can go to th doctor, and I recommend you do the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• stop using soap. vaginas are self-cleaning.
    it sounds like a yeast infection; get some monistat 7 (it works much better than the others)

Answer by rkoloms at 9:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2009