How long did you bleed after labor? And how long until you felt better?

I didn't tear or anything. I was just wonding how most women bled afterwards with out tearing. And how long until you felt better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't tear either, however it took me about 2 weeks to recover. the first one was the bloodiest, and then the 2nd one eased up quite a bit. But feeling better, it's all about how much help you have with the baby and how much you are sleeping and everything like that.. My DH took about 2 weeks off of work and that helped alot I think i was back on my toes within a month, keeping the house clean alot better, running errands, talking to my friends and remembering it. hope this helps.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• With all of my (3) I bled about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. I just had my third on Aug. 13th and I am done bleeding. I am feeling fine. I am out and about, running errands, taking the kids to the park, pretty much everything. DH even just went to the grocery store to buy condoms since I am feeling so well. lol I tore just a little this time around. Last time it took me awhile longer to get back in the swing of things but I had an episiotomy so maybe that was why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• didnt tear either..bleed until a few days b4 my 6 weeks postpartum appt.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• felt better like 1 week after but still a lil sore in the vaginal area for like 2 weeks
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• (about the 6 week bleeding thing, its cuz i started my period from the birth i bleed like 11/2-2 weeks give or take)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I did tear with my first child and I bleed for almost 4 months but that was because I was given a depo shot that my body was rejecting for the entire three months that it was working. Usually it is normal to bleed up until your six week check-up. As for as when will you feel better it is different with every delivery.
    berrytamie

Answer by berrytamie at 1:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• i bled for 8 days... I had a c section however and I was feeling better at a month, almost normal at around 6 mo
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009