does anyone know why guys leave at the last minute?

im 8 months preg and now the dad isnt helping me, he just stopped calling me and his phone is off so i cant call him. im kinda sad for my baby now. please dont bash and dont tell me about child support and all that mess. he won't be without anything he needs, except for his dad.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 11:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Mine did the same thing. He left me at 5 months pregnant (almost 4months ago) He ended up calling 2 weeks ago wanting to get together and talk. I almost fell right back into it. But it's not just me anymore. I have another life to think about with decisions like that. I will not let him hurt my son like he did me. He said he would be in his life and take responsibility and I really hope he does. But ..... I have had to prepare myself for doing it alone - that's the best advice I can give. I'm sorry - i know it sucks. But you and your son will be fine!
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 7:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• oh yea and he could have just told me he didnt want to be a dad in the begining instead of waiting till im 8 months.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2009

• They get scared when it gets close to the end of the line

Answer by admckenzie at 12:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My ex told me that he wanted a baby and wanted to get married so we could be a family. He went as far as taking my BCP and hiding them from me. Well I got pregnant and then he left me at 3 1/2 months.

Some guys leave at the last minute because some guys are just assholes.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• admckenzie is right on the getting scared part too, its a big change for them and with him having his phone off, no one is talking to him...he is probably just thinking...hopefully.

Sorry, I guess I am just being a man hater tonight.

Not all men leave because they are assholes.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Some men want that last rush of being a man who's not tied down to a family so maybe he's just taking some time to himself. Still he should call you to let you know what's going on so you're not left in the dark. Hopefully he'll come back and realize what he'd be missing out on.
    prcd_n_tatd

Answer by prcd_n_tatd at 12:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• last minute jitters..maybe hes just nervous and thinking about stuff, or maybe his phone died. I really wouldnt worry about anything if it goes another week and still no words id worry then but even if no communication for a few days he could just be mentally preparing himself
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Im really sorry to hear that.I was in a relationship for 4 yrs then I got pregnant he promised me the world then disapeared he suggested abortion but couldnt even think of doing that so I did the best thing for my daughter adoption.I was very young and went threw 6 marriages with my mom I just wanted a stable family for my little girl now Im very happy becouse I get pictures and updates of her and I realize I did the best thing for her.And guess what my ex contacted me on myspace and wanted to get back with me after 6 yrs what an asshole!!!!!!! But he hast changed still a lowlife jumping from job to job cant keep a realationship and lives with parents.Things happen for a reason just take ur blessing and figure out whats best for both of u. Screw that guy he doesnt deserve a miracle. Some guys are just dumb and unreliable,imature. I wish u nothing but the best and stay STRONG!!!!!!
    sickofher626

Answer by sickofher626 at 1:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009