i dont know if this should be a concern..

its been just about a week now..just long enough to go thru one 24 ounce can of formula, since we switched formula..we went from enfamil gentlease to enfamil A.R. lipil for frequent spitting up...and unfortunately its not helping..it did at first, the first couple days she didnt hardly spit up at all..but now its like no difference..but this is what i noticed is different and dont know whether i should be concerned or cuz its just from the new formula...the past 2-3 days shes been really fussy and gassy, and today she pooped 4 times...the first poop she had this morning she all of the sudden started screaming right in the middle of going and i had to do the leg exercises to help her go..it was really solid, and then she went 3 more times...her usual is 1-2 times a day...let me know what you think..please no bashing, new mom here! thanks!

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 12:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds to me like she was a little backed up, and once she got the plug out (so to speak) her little body was finally able to dispose of all the waste that had been building up.

Try to stick with a formula for longer than a week too. It takes just about that long for their bodies to adjust, and about 2 weeks for you to really know if it is really making a difference (unless if course you get immediate good results)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• constapatated..probably from the change..my daughter did the same thing..give it a week or to and it should be fine...and my daughters the same way with her spit up what works 4 me is burping her more
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• well my pediatrician and x mil both recommended a small dose(1 mil) of Karo syrup for constipation

Tessie08

Answer by Tessie08 at 4:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• you should not make any changes until you have given the formula a chance. make sure that you are using the right concentration of water to powder. my lo used gentlease (walmart) brand and the first can was bad, but ya gotta remember... this whole milk and pooping is new for her. try to be consistant and she will become consistant. if she goes through 2 or 3 24oz can and isn't responding well.... you may wanna go to soy.
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 6:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yeah- she's constipated. stick with that one formula now that she's on it, give her little doses of mylicon to help with the gas, like after she takes a bottle, and do those exercises. she'll get better, it just takes time for her tummy to adjust.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 11:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2009