its so hard to get my 2 year old off the bottle. what can I do to help her get off of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Throw it away, plain and simple.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Agreed. There is no reason for a 2 year old to have a bottle. Throw it away.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Gid rid of the bottles. Buy her special cup, have her help pick it out. There maybe a day or 2 of crying and fussing about it but thats okay. she will live, and it wont hurt her her one bit.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• my 15 month old wouldnt sleep without her bottle until i just kept giving her a sippy cup over and over no more bottle. She was thirsty so she just ended up drinking out of the cup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Its seems cruel but there all right. Bottles are one of those things that you just throw them away give them a sippy cup and unfortunatly let her cry it out. One or two nights of this and it will get old. I know it breaks your heart. My one little cousin literally used sit in front of the fridge and just cry for baba moo... for hours.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• 2 years old? holy crap! Try the Nuk orthodontic cup, it has a soft spout which can help them transition easier. if that doesnt work im with the other ladies, throw it away.
    MamaMade

Answer by MamaMade at 5:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2009