How can i get my 1 week old 2 quit crying?

Ive tried every thing i can think of and nothing has worked.....

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby had colic,but i dont think it started until she was close to two weeks.you tried mylacon or whatever it's called?maybe a stroller ride.i tried on my friend's ERGO carrier(not sure i am spelling that right) it was so comfy! she said her baby loves it.she also has a baby bijorn and like that but loves Ergo more.i had a Snuggly,but didnt really like wearing it. we had to always be walking around with my daughter to get her to sleep.there were times she would cry for 4 hours it was horrible.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 12:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• maybe your child is colic
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I think the worst thing for any mom is when your baby is crying and you just cant find anything to soothe them. You have to keep trying everything till you find out what it is baby needs. some babys just cry a lot for no decernable reason. then there is colic(chronic indigestion),tried, over stimulated,not feeling good,hungry,etc. Babies can also sense your stress and they can stress out too.GL .
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• have you tried swaddling? carrying? pacifier? let me see if i can find a link for you. brb
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• could be colic...or just a tummy ache...or just tired my daughter cant fall asleep unless she has her paci and im holding her..and she will scream and cry because shes so tired, ill hold her for a minute and BAM shes asleep...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• thnx yall guys i figured out whats bothering him.. the ball his dr, put over his cirrcumsision (not sure if spelled that rite) is falling of....
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• AWESOME VIDEO outstandingLove! Great minds think alike. I had the "happiest baby on the block" book and it was Wonderful! But that video saves her having to read while she's trying to soothe the baby. Great Job!

OP-Also, research Priscilla Dunstan's Baby Language. Babies universally use 5 "words" to talk to us.
    Neh-Sound made by sticking your tongue to the roof of your mouth and adding sound = I'm hungry...listen for the "N" sound
    Eh-needs to burp. If you try to make yourself burp, you will say, Eh.
    Heh-uncomfortable or in pain, listen for the "H", hot/cold, gassy, thorn in PJ's, bent arm wrong, etc.
    Eair-the sound they make when grunting/pooping, means change the diaper. Squinty face.
    Owh-I'm sleepy, look for the mouth to be in an "O" shape or yawning, accompanied by touching eyes sometimes.

This really worked for us, and 9 times out of 10, I could stop the crying immediately, knowing what was needed.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree about The Happiest Baby On The Block, it worked SO well for us! Never read the book, but the video was enough for us.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• omg! that video has me crying and laughing all at once, lol! The babies expressions when he shushes, haha!
    I love that. I need to get that book from the library!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:58 AM on Sep. 2, 2009