Would this be a bad idea?

My baby just turned 1, I am 18. My plan is to have one more in about a year then get...... something permanent done. Like tubes tied, or that thing where they shoot hot chemical water in your uterus(I think????). I will be hmmmm lets say 20-21. I'm pretty sure I just want 2 kids, I couldn't handle more than that and I hate birthcontrol.

So what do you think of my plan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You can't just go in and have your tubes tied. You have to jump through hoops, and you aren't allowed to sign the paperwork for it until you are 21, and even then you can't just request one. There is more to it than that.

That being said, you shouldn't be thinking about another child right now, you should be thinking about your education.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:52 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Personally..... I didn't choose to get pregnant in highschool. It happened and I dealt with it like an adult, even though I was 16. I am married, and we own our house. Get over it, that wasn't my question.

~OP~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't recommend havinng your tubes tied at your young age. Look into getting an IUD they last 5 or 10 years and you don't have to worry about taking a pill everyday or getting a shot every couple months. do some research on the IUD.
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 12:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• other than my cringe when reading the hot chemical part(that i have never heard of before)?
    ......do whatever you want :) i would be too scared to do anything too permanant.just incase you want more when you are older. a lot can happen and change in ten years or so. i hear you about the birth control though. good luck :)
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 12:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm no expert but I am pretty sure that the doctors give you a hard time about it especially being so young. I remember when my 25 year old ex- SIL wanted them tied after 2 and he made her thinkabout it for another YEAR! Within that year she met a guy on the internet and abandoned my brother and her 2 kids! Guess what one of the first things she did when she left the state to go be with her internet lover????? Guess? LMAO!
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:01 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• wow these comments are crazy. whats wrong with having kids young? you can get an education at any age its just nice if you already have one before kids is all.
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 1:05 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Sorry, if my comment sounded rude. I said LMAO! because my ex SIL went and got pregnant and by choice, even though she was begging her doctor a year earlier to tie her tubes.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 1:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• why should one jump through hoops to get your tubes tied? Arent' we having an overpopulation problem.
    I think your plan is good, if it works for you. I personally want room between babies, but to get all of the diapers and toilet training out of the way early sounds okay. Hot chemical water in your uterus? Never heard of that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I agree, some people choose to have kids at an early age, then go to school as long as they have an SO working. While my kids were unplanned, thats actually what I've decided to do. We plan on one more down the road, but I am glad my first two came while I was still young!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Can I ask why you hate birthcontrol? I don't use it, but I know there are kinds that are implanted and you don't have to worry about them for 5-10 years and by then you will be old enough for the doc. to let you do something permanent. Don't do anything too rash. You don't know where life will lead you or if later down the road you could be with someone else (i hope not due to anything tragic of course) and want children with them too. I, PERSONALLY, would wait to do anything permanent until I was a little older and wiser. That isn't to say you are stupid, I just meant wisdom usually comes with age and the things I wanted at 21 aren't the same things I want now.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2009