Work sucks because of her...what should I do?

Tomorrow I have a meeting with my boss, her boss and her. She doesn't like me because she is one of those people who thinks she is better than everyone else and also because her friend didn't get this job so she is trying to get me fired I think. I put in for this job because the job I had was ending. Well obviously I got the job because I was more qualified. Honestly this job kinda sucks because I have to work the weekends now and I only get one full day to spend with my son, the other two he is in school but I am a single mom and I have to work because I am the only one supporting us. Anyways, I am freaked out about tomorrow. I am mad that she has accused me of all this stuff and I have nothing to go off of except for the fact that she never communicated with me. How can I get through this without letting her make me look bad and keeping my cool?

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 12:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • Have you DOCUMENTED the heck out of everything? If not, DO SO. Document document document. It's your only defense.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• She is accusing me of all this stuff I didnt know about. Things that I was suppose to do but never did because she never told me. On the top of her list is communication but she never told me any of this stuff so the only defense I really have against her accusing me of this is that she never communicated that there was a problem. I guess I better start looking for another job because there really is no way for me to prove that she never told me about all these things she is accusing me of. I barely found out about all of these things she has against me yesterday and now I have a meeting about it tomorrow.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I'm sorry for your job stress,because of the terrible economy I believe she is scared for her job too and maybe she is so wrapped up in her problems she forgets to tell you what you need to do on your job.I was watching the rachel zoe project, and she wouldn't communicate with her assistant either and her assistant was getting so mad and wanted to quit,but also rachel,works at the last minute for some stupid reason but maybe she's not good at time management but she always pulls thru for her celebrity customers.You'll need her as a reference for your next job,employers always want to know what your job performance was,so I would keep being friendly with her and gently explain to her that you weren't informed to do certain jobs,this will probably piss her off,because it makes her look bad but it's the truth and you need to talk it out so it won't happen again.If she does fire you,then you can collect unemployment.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• mention the word " harrassment" a few times during the meeting casually.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:04 AM on Sep. 2, 2009