Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know where I can get help with buying Christmas for my kids if you live in Berry Alabama in Fayette county.

Answer Question

Asked by berrytamie at 12:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I'd check with christian or catholic churches about getting free food if you need it then you could spend the money on their gifts.There are low income programs around,like getting food stamps though I don't know in your area or what your financial situation is but you could always ask if anyone would lend you a hand during Christmas.Recently, I've been to a couple garage sales and my daughter,loves just as much someone elses dolls or toys as new ones and always asks me if we can go to a garage sale instead of the store.Her dolls and toys were a buck or less.

    Answer by countingsparows at 2:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

  • Contact your local newspaper...they usually put an ad in the paper about families that need support for the holidays. And people go through and choose which family they want to help. Ours is called something Stocking, I think. Anyway, families in need of help list what they need help with, sizes, toys wanted, etc... But, your local paper could probably answer better than me. If you live in a small town, and they don't do it, then go the next step, and check with the town biggest/closest to you. I also believe there is a place here on cafemom that has a list of families in need of a support family for the holidays.

    Answer by NicoR at 12:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

  • I am not Christian, though I am curious about what buying Christmas means.

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:42 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.