I guess this is the right section..

I miscarried this morning, and this is not my first time doing so.

I never want to go through this pain again. Ever.

I have the option at my OB-GYN for a type of sterilization where springs are inserted through your vagina into your fallopian tubes scarring them and making pregnancy impossible.

Is it wrong for me to want to be sterilized? I've thought about it, even when I was pregnant..that I don't think I can take much more emotional toll from losing my children.

DF is at odds with me and doesn't want me to do it, though he's said with no real prompting that if he never had a biological child it wouldn't bother him..

Any input?

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 1:00 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This is something only YOU can decide in the end.

I'll tell you this. I went into my marriage wanting two children. For various reasons (miscarriage not among them)...number two never came along.

And I'm fine with that. I actually couldn't be happier.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• gdiamante, I will have another child, it just might not be mine. I have such a strong desire for another baby even briefly looking at one makes my heart ache...

It's just whether or not I want to go through the pain of a gazillion miscarriages opposed to try and sift for one survivor.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I can kinda see why u would want to not have anymore mc.,but if you want another baby one that you have I wouldnt do. I had a consult for a historectomy by a gyn.I have a blood clotting dis and my period is aweful,I've also had 4 mc in the passed 5 years. They hurt pysically and emotional. The gyn basically said Do you want more children? My answer Yes. Well then you dont need to be sterile.
    Sooo. Do You want to have more children? Do you have a healthy uterus?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My uterus is fine, just my kidney disease.

I just can't go through this anymore!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I can certainly understand not wanting to go through that again. Miscarriage is so heartbreaking. I would keep the discussion up with your hubby, because you don't want this to come between you. Essure is a great option if you don't want to get pregnant ever, but you might look into an IUD, which you can have for 5 or 10 years at a time. At least then it's not permanent, and it's actually more effective than a tubal ligation. It's something to consider, but again, I can understand your desire for something more permanent. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:51 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• funny how you won't say what supposed kideney issue you have. hmmm?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• IS it important? My kidney disease is IgA Nephropathy and Alport syndrome is related to it.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 10:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Also, anonymous, I'd like to say that several times during the course of my Cafemom stay, I have mentioned my kidney disease in name.

Thanks for the try at being a completely dick sucker though.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:30 AM on Sep. 3, 2009

• I heard from your friend that you made this up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Sep. 5, 2009