How do you people have the money for a $300 carseat?

My son's seat was $100. It works just fine, RF to 35lbs FF harness to 50 or 65(not sure on that one)

That is what I could afford and it is a great seat. Aren't there better things to spend your money on? Mine is just as good, except instead of having the Britax label it's Evenflo.

I understand about safety, it's not really any less safe because it cost $200 less.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ha I had $300 in birthday money for my son to spend on a carseat but I hated paying that much. I didn't want to get the cheapest one but I knew I wanted at least a Graco. I got a very nice Graco convertible carseat for $80! Hell, it works just as well as the $300 ones. My 12 month old son can love without arms rests and an extra sippy cup holder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• can live without arm rests* sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• That's what grandparents are for. **grin**

Seriously, I never had that kind of money at the time either but wish I had...I ended up spending about that much when it came to replacing the seat once he outgrew it.. One Britax could have taken us a lot farther.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yeah, I don't get that either, but then I'm not all about name brands. I've got a lot of other things to spend that money on. I mean if you've got it, fine, but I'm not going into debt for a carseat.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• we're fortunate enough to have good jobs to pay for them. had i know that there was a less expensive option beforehand, i would have gotten it. although i do really like the seats, i'm not sure they're any better than the less expensive options.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I work and was able to pay for mine. I love the fact it's side impact tested and how cushy it is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Ours were $150, but since we needed two it was $300. How did I afford it? Well lets just say it was nana and papaws first big splurge on their first grandbabies!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:31 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Because we don't spend our money on status symbols- we drive Hyundais, we shop used, we save money. Our priorities are in safety and health, so we spend a little extra cash on things like quality food and an über safe, easy-to-install car seat that comes with amazing customer service and extra side impact safety. It's ok if you don't like it, we didn't buy it to impress anyone.
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 1:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I just spent $170 on my daughter's carseat, and I'm loving it. It is a 5 point harness until 65lbs, and that's really important to me. The cheapest extended harness I saw was $150, and my daughter was already too tall for it, so we went with the Graco Nautilus.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• My friends sister made fun of her for buying her son an Eddie Bauer seat. She was like 'my daughters cost $300 and i think yours is crap."

Can you imagine your sister saying that to you?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 1:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2009