Hi new the group... wanted to see if anyone here has ever experienced placenta previa.. I have it now, and the doc doesn't think its going to go away..

She said that it is so far along that it will probably stay that way, and I will probably have to get a C-section.. OH joy!!!! NOT looking forward to that!!! Any advice will help!!!!

MindyLu80

Asked by MindyLu80 at 1:13 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I chose to have a c- section and it wasnt bad at all. I went in at 8am and at 9 my son was born and it was over. If it comes down to a c-section its not so bad u know when its happoning and dont have to wait for the baby to come!
    xxstacixx720xx

Answer by xxstacixx720xx at 1:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Well, with a previa it's not a choice. BUT many women do have the placenta move, it is a possibility.
    You can work to prepare for birth either way and continue to watch to see if it moves. It just might! ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I don't know too much about it. But 90% of placenta previa cases resolve on their own by the end of pregnancy. If not, a complete placenta previa is absolutely a c-section case. A marginal placenta previa (where only a little bit of the placenta covers the cervix) may allow a vaginal delivery -- though bleeding has to be carefully monitored and if it is too heavy a c-section is needed.

Unfortunately, the c-section itself will increase the chances of having a previa in the next pregnancy.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:53 AM on Sep. 2, 2009