Can a 1 week old have baby tylenol?

my sons cirrcumsision is hurting him. the plastic ball his dr put over it is falling off. and the only way he wont cry is if im holding him. even after he falls asleep if i put him down with in 10 minutes hell b crying agian.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call the doctor before giving tylenol, you need the exact dosage, and it certainly could be pain. Or as the PP said, maybe he just wants to be held, and he should be held. If you need to lay him down, do you have a swing or a bouncy chair? That makes him "feel" like he's being held. Also, being swaddled tightly could help. If he stops crying while you are holding him, then it may not be pain. Just wants his Mama.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would call the doctors office after hours number and ask them. If there is not one available, I would call the mother baby unit at the hospital and ask a nurse.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes you can give an infant as young as yours infant tylenol just ask your physician the amout to give the child.
    berrytamie

Answer by berrytamie at 1:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Why do you assume that is the problem?
    After all he is a week old and still adjusting to the whole new wacky world. Mine was the same way when he was little, it had nothing to do with circumcision.
    That said take his temperature to be certain he doesn't have a cold or infection. And I agree with the person above, call the after hours line and ask for advice.

GL
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• talk to the dr about it so they can give you a prescription and the proper dosing
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• thnx and i asume that its his cirrcumsision cause where the plastic ball is coming off its bleeding a little and he screams bloody muder when i change his diaper.
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 2:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Medicine that soon (sigh)...
    One of the many reasons I'm not going to be circ my son I'm pregnant with.
    Good luck.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• He's only a week old sweetie! He is still getting to know you, even though you were the one pregnant with him. Hold him, and take advantage of him allowing it, lol. My boys don't cuddle anymore, and they are 2 and almost 6.

He's brand spanking new, and adjusting to life outside of the womb.
    JandAsMommy

Answer by JandAsMommy at 8:41 AM on Sep. 2, 2009