If you knew then what you know now would you still marry the one you are with?

I think about this sometimes because I am not sure I would. However, I also know if I had not then I would not have my beautiful daughter. Kind of a catch 22 I guess. I just wondered if anyone else thinks this to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd marry him sooner. :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 3:09 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes. If I had it to do all over, I marry him again in a heartbeat! As cliche as it may sound, he is my best friend, and I'm thankful I get to be his wife. Sorry you feel that way about your husband though. Try not to worry about what you would have done, like you said, you got a beautiful daughter out of the deal. Make the future what you want it to be, and what you and your daughter deserve. Good Luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I would still marry him. Somehow I lucked out and picked a keeper... I don't know how. Dumb luck I guess.
    I am thankful everyday for him. He is my Life and my Love!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Oh, yes, any time. We've been married 16 years and we just get closer every year. We've dealt with infertility, miscarriage, job loss, family issues and we just get stronger. It's not my doing, however. We're both Christians and Christ is the one who's strengthened our marriage.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yeah i would,is he perfect no! but neither am i, so even tho it gets rough at times i understand noone is perfect in this whole wide world.it almost been 10 years and i must admit he was treated me great :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:56 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• im with monica (person above) i also have God involved since day one
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Absolutely!

It has been very, very different, throughout the 24 years of marriage (and 2.5 years of engagement)... and the cycles of flying then coasting then flying again have been... interesting.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I've learned more about myself, grown more and have had the most amazing opportunity to really know someone for a huge amount of his life in a really, really intimate way... it's been joyful, much more than it's been a struggle.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:07 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes but i would do a lot of things differently. We've been married 4 years have had our ups and downs and I sure didn't make anything better. I don't want to undo my marriage i just want to go back and bypass the dumb things i did and said in the beginning. We're still working out the mess we've made and hopefully turning this into something positive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yes!
    I love our life. We have a great marriage, and are always getting stronger.
    We've gone through a deployment, 3 kids, deaths, and we've been able to get stronger and we are able to be there for each other the way we know each other needs.

Married for 5 years, together for 8. I love him, and wouldn't change a thing!!
    AliciaO

Answer by AliciaO at 3:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• NO! At this point my answer is no but with God, I know there will be a day that it all makes since & I can say 'I would do it all over again'. Honestly, I do hope that day comes BEFORE my death bed so I can enjoy time in this marriage instead of constant stress, tension & turmoil. I also pray that my children do better than I did in marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Sep. 2, 2009