i can't get comfortable.

I'm 36 weeks and 5 days along. i can't seem to get comfortable at night to sleep. my lower back feels sore and tonight i feel more nauseous than usual. is this all normal at this stage?

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sadly yes. Do you have extra pillows or a body pillow? A pillow under my tummy and between my knees helped me. Also maybe you are experiencing acid reflex. Try sleeping in a semi upright position. Hang in Momma you are almost here.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, unfortunately it is. I had to sleep with several pillows to get comfortable in my third trimester. One between my legs was a MUST!! Hang in there honey, you don't have much further to go!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yep! I couldn't get comfortable 24/7. Try a body pillow. I'm a stomach sleeper, and I would wedge my tummy between the pillow and the mattress. It worked pretty well. If you don't have a body pillow, having several pillows you can adjust as needed can really help. Try having your SO rub your back before bed, too. As for the nausea, maybe some saltines can help. Take small sips of water, never large gulps, while nauseous. Hang in there, you're almost there! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:42 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• I have one of those great maternity pillows that my son calls a "Worm" it wraps around my head, across the front of my body, then between my legs at the bottom- it's fantastic! They're a little pricey, but I really reccomend one. You need as much sleep as you can before baby gets here and takes it from you!!!! Especially if you plan to have more kids in the future- it's well worth the cost.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 2:16 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• yep..it sucks and DOESNT get better
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 2:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Yes, unfortunately it's normal. I sleep with a pillow under my head, a pillow between my knees, a pillow behind my back, and snuggle with a pillow in front of me. It's a wonder DH even has enough room to fit on the bed! LOL.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 3:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

• Poor thing! Load up on as many pillows as you can get a hold of! I had 2 body pillows and 3 normal and still just couldn't get comfy. You'll be holding your baby soon enough : )
    dusher

Answer by dusher at 9:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2009