Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i?

I never got my sons dads name on his birth cirtiface and now I think I need to how do I general do so in most states? also how do I generaly go about getting sc legal.

Answer Question

Asked by xxstacixx720xx at 1:46 AM on Sep. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 3 (13 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • I believe that if you weren't married at the time the baby was born you have to have him notorized a "acknowledgment of paternity" and file it with vital statistics and then you may add his name but check with vital statistics in your state first.

    Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:59 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

  • they never ask at the hospital just who I wanted on the birth cirtificate. His dad ask me not to till he got a pertirnity test to prove tanner was his well 99.9 percent. Then I just never got it done bc I didnt know how!

    Answer by xxstacixx720xx at 2:10 AM on Sep. 2, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.